The course curriculum covers the following topics:
1. Tatkar (basic footwork) first basic hand movements.
Introduction of Kathak dance.
2. Tatkar (basic footwork) next 2 hand movements Introduction of basic hasta mudras.
3. Coordination with hand movements and leg movements.
Revision of the first 2 lessons.
4. Coordination with hand movements and leg movements. Next hand movements
Use of asamyukt hasta mudras in dance.
5. Revision of the lessons clarifying doubts Narrating a story by using hasta mudras. (story of lion and rabbit).
6. Understanding the system of ‘laya’. (tempo) Revising the hasta mudras.
7. Practicing the Tatkar at different speeds (tempos) Slow and fast.
Small composition of Kathak “Tihai”
Revising the hasta mudras.
8. Practicing Tatkar in different speeds ‘Ek gun (slow) du gun (medium) and chugun (fast)’.
Learning the technique of spins.
Learning the system of counting the beats in Kathak dance.
Learning tukra -1
Learning tukra -2