Yoga, as we know it, is a practice to refresh the mind and body. There are various styles or poses of yoga available that assist in enhancing body posture, relaxing senses, and improving overall health. Besides, it is an old practice that involves various physical yoga poses, concentration and deep breathing. When a person starts practising yoga on a regular basis, the process helps promote endurance, calmness, strength, flexibility, and well-being of the body and mind.
In a world full of competition of varying levels and stages, our body & mind goes through a series of stress and anxiety. Sometimes it is bearable, and other times, it is excruciatingly unbearable. So, what to do in such circumstances when relaxation seems like a luxury? In our opinion, try practising yoga! For people considering starting their yoga journey, it is energy-consuming in the initial stage, but trust us, as time passes, you will thank us later. There are various yoga poses suitable for beginners. But right now, let us share some interesting names of yoga poses (with the method) that will relieve you from anxiety, stress or anything in between.
Related Articles: 7 Super Easy Yoga For Concentration & Stress-Relief In Kids
5 Yoga Poses To Alleviate You From Anxiety
1) Triangle Pose (Trikonasana or Utthita Trikonasana)
Triangle Pose is the best option for people beginning their yoga journey. This yoga pose increases stability, stretches & lengthens the spine, opens your shoulders and hips, stimulates your organs, and most importantly, reduces stress & anxiety. A perfect yoga option to consider while thinking of getting rid of anxiety and stress.
How To Perform Triangle Pose?
- Stand on a yoga mat, move your feet wider than shoulder-width apart, and extend your arms to make them parallel to the ground with your palms facing down.
- Take a deep breath, and then exhale as you bend your body at the hip joint.
- Extend your torso forward as you reach ahead with your left hand.
- Hinge at your hip point to carry your right hip back. Take your left hand to your leg, the floor, or toward a block.
- Extend your right arm toward the ceiling.
- Hold this pose for at least a minute, and then start doing the same thing with the opposite side.
2) Standing Forward Bend (Uttanasana)
One of the most popular yoga poses to alleviate anxiety or stress from your body is the Standing Forward Bend Pose. Regularly practising this yoga pose will make the spine strong & flexible and reduce stress, depression, anxiety & fatigue. It calms the mind and relieves tension in the spine, neck and back. Not only that, but also, it improves digestion and eases symptoms of menopause, asthma, headaches, and insomnia.
How To Perform Standing Forward Bend Pose?
- In the first step, stand with your feet about hip-width apart and put your hands on your hips.
- Exhale as you hinge at the hips to fold forward, and keep doing a slight bend in your knees.
- Drop your hands on the floor.
- Rest your chin on your chest.
- Now, try to release tension in your lower back and hips. In this step, your head & neck should hang heavy toward the floor.
- Keep steady for a minute to complete this yoga pose.
3) Extended Puppy Pose (Uttana Shishosana)
One of the best yoga poses for beginners, which is easy & simple and perfect for relieving anxiety and stress from the body. It benefits the body by calming the mind & improving flexibility, especially in the spinal area. It relieves symptoms of chronic stress, tension, and insomnia.
How To Perform Extended Puppy Pose?
- In the first step, come into the tabletop position.
- After that, extend your hands forward and sink your hips down toward your heels.
- Now press into your hands & engage your arm muscles, all while keeping your elbows lifted.
- Softly rest your forehead on the floor.
- Let your chest open and soften during this yoga pose.
- Stay in this position for at least two minutes.
4) Seated Forward Bend Pose (Paschimottanasana)
Seated Forward Bend Pose is among the foundational yoga poses that many people often overlook. This yoga pose not only calms your mind and relieves you from anxiety & stress but also stretches your spine, hamstrings, and shoulders to make them more flexible. It stimulates the liver, ovaries, uterus, and kidneys and improves digestion.
How To Perform Seated Forward Bend Pose?
- In the first step, sit on the edge of a cushion or folded blanket with your legs straight out.
- You can keep a slight bend in your knees for efficiency.
- Now inhale and lift up your arms.
- Then slowly hinge at your hips to extend forward, and rest your hands anywhere on the body or on the floor.
- Remain in this position for at least 5 minutes.
5) Reclining Bound Angle Pose (Supta Baddha Konasana)
Perhaps one of the best yoga poses to alleviate the body from anxiety. Reclining Bound Angle Pose stretches inner thighs, hips, and groins. This pose is an effective way to relieve the symptoms of stress, depression, and anxiety. This yoga pose also stimulates the reproductive organs and abdominal area, increases blood circulation and improves digestion.
How To Perform Reclining Bound Angle Pose?
- In the first step, lie on your back and bring your feet’s soles together.
- Then place cushions under your knees or hips to get proper support.
- Now place one hand on your stomach area and another hand on your heart, and keep focusing on your breath.
- Stay at least for 10 minutes in this yoga pose.
Related Articles: Why Should You Invest In Online Yoga Classes For Kids?
Though numerous studies suggest that practising different yoga poses helps relieve anxiety or stress. As we already know that everyone’s body type is distinct in structure. It means that if one yoga pose works for Person A, it might not work for Person B. It is better to check with your trainer or doctor which pose is best suited for your body.
Besides that, whenever we start anything, it might make our bodies uncomfortable because it tries to make our bodies habitual with the process. Take it a bit of time, and your body will eventually adapt to the change. To get a proper result from these yoga poses, it is pivotal that you include them in your daily routine. If in case, you start not feeling well, you can stop practising it pronto.
Moreover, if you are looking for a platform for your kids to learn and practise different forms of yoga, look no further visit PiggyRide. The platform offers a wide range of options for you & your kids to choose from.
Leave a Reply