Learning to play chess is in itself a good mental exercise for kids. This board game requires many skills such as critical thinking, intelligence, visualization, and more. All in all, it triggers our hidden mental abilities to a great extent.
If your kid is absolutely unknown or a beginner in chess, this online basic chess course by Praveen Kumar would be a perfect choice for you. During the lessons, kids will learn about different chess concepts that will build a strong basic foundation.
1. Introduction of the chessboard.
Squares and the total number of squares on the chessboard Understanding Files, Ranks, and Diagonals.
2. Notation of the chessboard (Identifying chess squares) Center squares.
3. Board setup.
Checking the knowledge of students.
Explaining these two key things about the chessboard.
(a) White square on the right bottom.
4. Piece movements, points, and maximum strength of these four pieces:
5. Piece movements, Points, and maximum strength of Knight and Pawn
6. Pawn promotion and underpromotion.
7. Moving and capturing.
Making the right choice while capturing pieces.
8. Attacking the Unprotected Piece.
9. Protecting a Piece.
10. Check ( solving the puzzles of check-in one).
11. Getting Out of check using A, B & C (away, block and capture).
12. Castling Rules.
13. En Passant.
Who this course is for
Chessboard and pieces.
Instructions To Follow
Join the class using the Zoom videoconference app (available for mobile - Android/iOS, & laptop - PC/Mac with webcam.
100% refund is available on a pro rata basis.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org in case of any query